Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Twelve Days Til Christmas - I need to step away from the cookies!

Okay not only am I eating them but I can't freaking stop baking them! It is like the Keebler Elves and Betty Crocker came in while I was sleeping one night and but it my head that I live to bake. I have now baked six kinds of cookies, two types of Chex mix, and six kinds of candy! Hi my name is Jen and I am a Christmas cookie baking/eating addict!

Okay if the fact that I have been walking around with flour in random places wasn't enough, I stepped on the scale today! YEEP! You four pounds since Thanksgiving. Now not all that is cookies, some of that is because I haven't been able to hit the gym because my work life is hellish right now! But still I'd like to be able to get into my pants when this is all over!

Here are the cold hard holiday facts that we all sweep under the rug like Aunt Ruby's rumless fruit cake, people gain weight over the holidays! I worked all 2011 to drop 40 pounds and and four them found their way back like my thighs were a light house beckoning them home! Those little buggers need to get on out here and go back with their friends!

So the butt stops here,  well it stops growing here. Making sure that that gym is on the top of my famous to-do list. Not only does it keep the pounds off during the holidays but working out can cut down your stress levels. Okay it may not cut down on your stress levels if you just started shopping for gifts but it may help you be in better shape to fight off other shoppers that want that last pair of Pajama Jeans. Working out will also keep me out of the kitchen, away from the oven, away from the cookies. But really if you tasted my cookies you would know they are good! Hey everything in moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment