Thursday, December 29, 2011

Saying good-bye to 2011 in style with a great cocktail!

I can't complain too much about 2011. After all I did drop 40 pounds, got fit enough to keep up with my kids, finished P90X, discovered and fell in love with Zumba, started running again, re-discovered my love of fabulous shoes, started cooking from scratch again, crafted myself into a frenzy, connected with some friends I thought I had lost forever, got to spend a wonderful week with my family at the lake this summer, met my niece for the first time, watched my mother do a Jagermeister Bomb on a boat, and concocted some delicious cocktails! What more could a girl in four inch heels ask for?

Who knew it took 39 years to find your stride, but that is what I think I did in 2011. You wake up one day on the shy side of 40 and realize, wow this isn't so bad. Embrace who you are and go with it. So embrace I did and spent 2011 settling into myself, and what do you know, I fit! Okay I admit, I won't settle into gray hair, not quite yet! A girl has to choose her battles, and I give into a five pound weight gain before I go gray!

All kidding aside, put on your best shoes, and raise a glass to say good bye to 2011! I wish you all the best for 2012! What do I have planned for 2012, well that is another blog post my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment