Tuesday, January 30, 2018

28 Days of Change

So far this year isn’t turning out the way I planned. When I left my job in October I had all these big ideas of what I was going to do and how things were going to be then I fell flat on my face. I have reached the panic point and caught myself making some not so good decisions. That is no way to live I can tell you that. So I decided it was time to start a mental detox if you will. Starting on February 1st I am going to focus on changing my situation and regaining some control over my life. I am starting with something I do have control over my health and well being. I have always said and truly believe if you take good care of yourself by eating well and exercising you can find so much focus.I have some of my best ideas on the dreadmill or taking a walk outside. I actually had to start carrying a small notebook with me to write things down. My MS brain doesn’t always allow me to remember long term. So goal one for the month of February is self health which will lead to goal two which is focus. I need to focus on what my wants and needs are. Putting my love of cheese and tater tots aside, I am talking about tangible wants and needs not edible. What do I want out of life? I want to make my business successful. I have just gone about it in the wrong way. My game plan was very flawed but I have been taking time while unemployed to educate myself by looking at successful small business owners and entrepreneurs. I am attending a work at home summit that I have to tell you has opened my eyes in so many ways. I filled an entire notebook in a day and a half. I still have four more days to go better get more notebooks. But I now know that my wants have to take care of my needs. I may want to be a business owner but can I afford that the way I want to do it? In this month I need to look at the how. How to make the want meet my needs. I realized when I left my actual job and started working temp assignments that I can no longer work in a regular office environment. It isn’t that I don’t want to it is that my body will no longer let me. As much as I hate to admit that my MS has reached that point it has. These temp assignments have been good as I have been able to have a break between assignments but the breaks mean no paychecks. That isn’t good. And that is why I am in a panic now. So I need to look at goal three which is a back up plan. Hmm can I get all this covered in 28 days? You betcha. It takes 28 days to make or break a habit. I don’t have any notions that in 28 days I will have all the answers but I will have a plan, a plan for change which I will take with me for the next twenty eights days and the twenty eight days after that until its time to revisit that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment