Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Today I cried

In the past year, I was divorced, my children chose to live with their father and I was diagnosed with a crippling disease. Rarely did I cry when all this was happening. There were moments but never did I sit and weep for myself. This morning as I read the headlines I wept at first it was for our country and in the end I cried for myself. I am a woman with a disabling disease that was sexually assaulted while I served my country. The man we put in office has no respect for any of the things I am or what happened to me. His agenda will take away my rights as a woman. His agenda will make health care for my disease more difficult. His agenda will take rights away from my friends and people I love and respect. I wept for all these things and I wept for what could happen to this country, the country I served proudly even after what happened to me while doing so. See that man on my television and hearing his words made me relive a time in my life that I thought I washed down the drain the day it happened to me. I wept for those memories and what was left of my innocence at twenty two years old that washed down that drain too. People who know me know I don’t cry easy. But I will cry today along with a great many. I am disappointed that there were so many that believe this was the right choice to make but I won’t judge them. We all have a right to our decisions and today I decide to cry. Tomorrow I will hold my head up and know despite what happened I did what I could and I will move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment