Monday, December 19, 2011

Six shopping/wrapping days until Christmas!

Tis the time to start to panic, fa la la la! If you haven't started shopping yet you will be amungst the millions of Americans that will be gifting the "As Seen on TV" mechandise I loathe along with the pre-packaged gift baskets that have been sitting on retailers shelves since the mid 80's. This is usually when most men consider starting their shopping but we all know they like to make that mad dash Christmas Eve before mid-night shopping at a 24 hour drug store. Since I myself have made a mad dash to Walgreens for missing batteries at 2 am on Christmas, I can't fault them, just mock them! Thank goodness for the gift sections in almost every retailer in America these days! They did this for you last minute shoppers, embrace the gift cards, much better then the cheese of the month club or pajama jeans!

Speaking of last minute, this year will be a little different then in years past and I have to say I am a little sad about it. My tradition has always been that I get up early on Christmas Eve morning, get a coffee and pick up a few last minute stocking stuffers while watching all the last minute panicked shoppers. Last year I saw this old woman take out a man twice her size to get the last flat screen TV at Wal-Mart. There is nothing like an electronics department cage match to get you in the holiday spirit! But alas I will be with my fam in Michigan, that isn't to say there won't be a cage match or two there. My kids will be there and well they always make the holidays a little more interesting.

More interesting then my children's lack self control during the holidays is me and wrapping! I spent my Friday night this week locked in studio B, with my 32 oz cocktail, 6 rolls of wrapping, tape, ribbon and bows trying to get into the holiday spirit by looking over gift piles to make sure we were all even Steven and all the items on the kiddos' lists were there. I learned three things Friday night, #1 I am a pretty good Santa, #2 I suck at wrapping and #3 drinking when you suck at wrapping doesn't make it any better folks, just more entertaining while you do it! Thank goodness for bows and ribbon they can cover almost any wrapping flaw!

Well if you haven't started shopping or wrapping get busy all! There are six days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment