Monday, May 15, 2017

Living with MS-Little joyful things

In ten days I celebrate my 45th birthday. I had hoped for my birthday that I could say I was starting my 45th year in remission from my MS but I learned last week that wasn’t the case. I feel good and I was really hopeful that when I went in they would say no lesions. But the darn little buggers are still there. The doctor told me that he did notice I still had a light tremor and my speech is still slightly slurred. I was told I was just getting used to them. I knew my sight wouldn’t fully return in the left eye after three bouts of optic neuritis that was a given. I am okay with what he told me. Because I feel better. I am still hopeful that I will be in remission soon and hopefully for a long time. I just focus on the day to day and enjoy as much as I can. Saturday I laid in the grass at the park for a two hour nap in the sun. Sunday I enjoyed a Mother’s Day brunch and kick boxing with my daughter. I went to bed early and loved every minute of my nine hours of sleep! I woke up early and had an extra half hour to sit on the balcony and listen to the birds while I drank coffee. It is the little things in life that can bring the greatest joy. No I not in remission but my life is full of those little joyful things. So I go into my 45th year looking forward to the little joys and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment